Hummingbird

Hummingbird
Hummingbird ~ Symbol of Joy

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Web of Life ~ Sister Spider Spirals her Gift of Creation

This morning I woke up and enjoyed a special treat courtesy of Mother Nature in the form of Sister Spider.


A beautiful Spider was weaving her web right above my bed!    Now since I am living in such an outside situation (under a Monkey Pod Tree) I naturally have a lot of spiders, geckos and other little creatures around.    When I returned recently after being away for almost 3 months, the spiders had turned my living space into a village!!!!    With regret, I decided I had to reclaim some of my space and clear away some webs.    So I apologized profusely in advance to the Spider Nation, got a stick and carefully removed some webs, taking extra care to put the spiders and “cribs” outside amongst some lovely Hibiscus bushes.  
I suppose Sister Spider decided to just re-build.    I have watched her before of course spinning her web but I have never watched this closely or this long...over an hour.    I lay in bed spellbound as Sister Spider (I have posted a photo above, the Hawaiian Garden Spider) started from the outside of her web and carefully moved around and around the circumference of her large web towards the center.     I was fascinated as I saw that she used two of her eight legs to steady her body as she moved and spun her web.   I realized that the silky thread that is the substance of the web comes out of her “derriere”.... and she then uses her two back legs to cross it over from one side to the other whilst at the same time using her two front legs to weave also.   Then she uses two more of her legs to weave in between ..it seemed like a system:  deposit thread, weave back, weave front, weave middle ...all whilst moving!  
I pondered how intricate her system is... how one little mis-step would result in a mistake, how even the most complicated computer probably could not move the way she does or accomplish her result!   Have you ever seen a machine that has eight legs and makes a gorgeous, strong, efficient, workaday piece of art?     No, nor have I!  
I was stunned to observe too that as she moved and wove, the whole web, including her, was bouncing up and down...moving I considered at least an inch and a half to two inches in each direction; yet she did not stop spinning or miss a step!  My mind boggled as I thought of the human equivalent of that.....& envisioned a human being spread eagled on a “cirque du soleil” trapeze apparatus & figured the equivalent would mean moving 6 feet in either direction based on the same ratio whilst at the same time knitting with hands and feet!!    The mind boggles! 
And she was fast!    I mean she moved around so fast.   I knew this because after she had finished I watched one of her smaller siblings (at least I liked to think it may be her sibling) who was not as big.    She moved slower, though she appeared to have the same system.     When Sister Spider reached the center of her web, she spun almost ferociously for a few seconds and then took up the position as shown above.... a perfect cross to the four directions!   Then she was motionless.     
And then I had an “aha!”  moment.  She was moving anti clockwise.   So did her sibling.      Of course .... because Spider is in tune with Mother Earth and goes in the natural direction of creation.  
In our Western culture, things are made to move clockwise.  Clocks go “clockwise” but Mother Earth’s natural intuition is to go counter clockwise.    Myth and knowledge have it that the current clockwise direction of Mother Earth is the result of interference of men & other beings not in tune with the Existence and Universe.  
I am grateful to be part of a Hula Halau for the last 10 years.    A couple of years ago, my Kumu Hula, Puna, who had asked us all to stand and to “umis” ,  (circles with our hips) said.... women always circle backwards while men will automatically circle their hips forwards... it just is!  
When the Shift happens soon Mother Earth will return to her natural rotation of anti clockwise - ahh!
Of course all the indigenous peoples of Mother Earth know this.    The ones who have been keeping the knowledge for us for the last 2000 years, the Hawaiians, the Native Americans, the Aborigines, the Maoris, the Kogis and Maya in South American to name but a few.   
The Lakota Native Americans call Spider “Iktomi”  and have great respect for her.      Spider is the creative force... she “creates”, weaves her web.   Some Native Americans tribes attribute Spider as being  the One who taught humans how to write.     
Spider creates a work of art each time with her web and so her message is for us to do something with our creative energy:  paint, write, dance, express yourself, let your creative juice flow!
The other message Spider carries (and each of us needs to tune in to check which is appropriate for us)  is to notice what is on the outskirts of your “web”, your space...  is there something/someone/some issue that you have not noticed?      
While I was watching Spider this morning I was enthralled and happy.... I realized how harmonious and grateful  I felt just allowing Spider to give me the gift of watching her weave..... and then I suppose I felt the urge to use my creative energy and write!    
Mother Earth is constantly creating, nurturing, loving.    When the Shift happens, the Spiral of Mother Earth will be back as it was before.  Mother Earth weaves the web of life; Spider reminds us that we can too.      I am grateful to Mother Earth and Spider for this wonderful reminder.   
With acknowledgement and thanks to Jamie Sams & David Sams’ Medicine Cards for the information about Spider.
Please follow my blog by clicking “join this site”   and do please comment!  
I give intuitive readings using Medicine Cards.... visit my site for more info: www.francescaazuremare.com

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story Francesca! My 5 year old daughter would love you as she is fascinated by spiders and just about every bug out there. Many people are scared of spiders and certainly here in Australia there are ones that can be fairly poisonous. But these creatures are miracles indeed. Thank you for writing about them with such love and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you enjoyed it Joseph!! I truly was mezmerized! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this beautiful story Francesca. I love spiders.
    I had a spider under three years in my bedroom - she came in some day from outside and I loved, that she was there. Every night when I was going to bed, the spider was at the wall by my head. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's wonderful Storbjorn! Seems as though you have a strong connection with Sister Spider!

    When I was growing up, if ever my Mother saw a Spider, she would say "there's Horace" ... that went on for years. We must have gone through 20 generations of Horaces.... I'm not sure how long Spiders live, but I don't think that long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finaly it works out!!

    Enjoy all your Items Francesca!

    Love

    Anneke

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Anneke.... I'm glad you are enjoying them! I will post more soon!

    Love & Light!

    ReplyDelete