Hummingbird

Hummingbird
Hummingbird ~ Symbol of Joy

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Permission to Daydream!


Permission to Daydream!
~ thank you Inelia!
“Stop dreaming Francesca! “  I can still hear Mrs. Holland’s voice admonishing me as I sat daydreaming away during class back in what Americans call High school and in the UK was Grammar school.      I think I heard that comment at least 30 times over the course of 3 years or so.. mainly between the ages of 11 and 14.
When I was a little girl back in Grammar school I used to daydream all the time.   I even have the records to prove it!    Every report card for at least 4 years had the same comment, worded slightly differently, but basically the same:  “Francesca would do so much better if she stopped daydreaming” .     
My desk was over to one side of the room.. last in the row but at the front.. so I would sit and stare out the window.   Only of course I wasn’t staring at what I could see. I was daydreaming. 
Where did I go?   Oh everywhere!     I went to Middle Earth and imagined I was with Frodo & Samwise , Merrie & Pippin when they first meet Strider.. or Aragorn.    I was with Marmaduke Scarlett and “the little white horse” in the turret of the mansion in the West of England...   I gazed through the branches of the trees and watched the sunlight dance and thought of other times when I had been in the woods.. running free and picking bluebells.      I went into my Sacred Space.. my zone.. my connection with what I now understand to be the “all that is/Universe/One”.  
Mrs. Holland, our class teacher was a lovely lady.. and she was actually French, despite her name.     The poor lady had to contend with me dreaming for years..    Those report cards never failed to mention my daydreaming and how I should stop it and how I would do so much better if I didn’t daydream.       Well, I’m not sure at which point it was.. but I suppose at some point I stopped daydreaming in class.   After school I found some things that really interested me so I concentrated on those.   
But for the last 30 years since I have been meditating I find I am daydreaming again.     So much has been written about  meditation and I don’t think anyone out there denies the benefit of meditation.. even those who deny any spiritual component and just say “ah well, it’s beneficial for stress”.
But I have never seen anything written about the benefits of daydreaming... until Sunday.        I suppose it’s all those report cards etched into some memory bank but it finally feels as though I’ve been given permission to daydream!     And so I am writing this to say 
Thank you Inelia!!!!
That’s thank you to Inelia Benz.. wonderful Ascension worker, lightworker and all around great gal!     Here is  Inelia’s blog where you can read more about her wonderful contribution to raising the vibration of our planet:
I personally feel that Inelia is one of the more enlightened beings walking Mother Earth at this time.... see what you think.      Inelia has certainly helped me.   Inelia just called for us to spend an hour a day with her “doing nothing”  or “daydreaming”  and talked more about it in a recent interview you can view on the site.   This is what sparked my enthusiasm and applause.
It occurs to me also that at least three of the native traditions I know of... Native American, Aboriginal & Maori... all refer to the “dreamtime”  and how important it is to spend time there.    For Native Americans, there are even guardians of the dreamtime... Lizard, Swan & Bear in some cases.  
So!    I spent an hour deliberately daydreaming on Sunday and having written this short piece with such enthusiasm.... I am not off to revel in one of my favorite pastimes... daydreaming!  

See you in the Dreamtime! 

2 comments:

  1. Meditar, es trasladarse al mundo de los sueños, pero no durmiendo, mas bien concentrándose, poniendo la mente en blanco, y entrar en contacto con lo primero que aparezca; divagar la mente en pos de la incógnita de la vida, por ejemplo.....
    gracias me agradó tu sueño, tal vez nos encontremos en alguno tuyo, o en uno mío. saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gracias EL! Please join/subscribe if you would like! Aloha & blessings from Hawaii

    ReplyDelete