Hummingbird

Hummingbird
Hummingbird ~ Symbol of Joy

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Native American Wisdom & Inspiration

I have great respect for our Native American brothers and sisters, as many of you are aware.    I have had the great privilege of participating in Ceremony with Native American Elders including Wallace Black Elk & Chief Arvol Looking Horse.   
Here below are some words of wisdom.    Aho!  Mitakuye Oyasin!
"May the sun bring you new energy by day
 may the moon softly restore you by night
 may the rain wash away your worries
may the breeze blow new strength into your being. May you walk through the world and know its beauty all the days of your life."
 Apache Blessing
 Certain things catch your eye,
But pursue only those
that capture your heart.
Old Native American saying
Give thanks for unknown blessings
already on their way.
Native American saying

O' GREAT SPIRIT
help me always
to speak the truth quietly,
to listen with an open mind
when others speak,
and to remember the peace
that may be found in silence. 
Cherokee Prayer
Looking behind I am filled with gratitude. Looking forward I am filled with vision. Looking upwards I am filled with strength. Looking within I discover peace.
Quero Apache Prayer
May the stars carry your sadness away,
May the flowers fill your heart with beauty,
May hope forever wipe away your tears,
And, above all, may silence make you strong.

Chief Dan George
Lakota Wisdom Keepers:   Grandfather Wallace Black Elk, Dave Swallow Jnr and Nathan Chasing Horse
“As I work the canvas, I am a Free Man”
Leornard Peltier
Short video about Leonard Peltier, still unjustly in prison after 35 years... see the incredible Native American Art he has produced:  
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPOCocWaaDM

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! This page makes my heart sing with joy!! Thank you for sharing these words and keeping this beautiful ancient spirit of wisdom alive! :))))) xoxo

    ReplyDelete